Goals & Objectives
The goal of the Gender Unit is to institute gender equality and equity at DUCE through a gender mainstreaming strategy. By gender equality and equity we mean.
- Equal visibility, empowerment and participation of both sexes in all spheres of operation and management.
- Fairness and justice in distribution of benefits and responsibility.
- Through the strategy of Gender mainstreaming that is taking into account of gender of Gender concerns in all policies, programs, administration, financial activities and organizational procedure.
- Facilitate and support the institutionalization of Gender mainstreaming at DUCE.
- Support DUCE core programs to operate with a gender perspective.
- Facilitate the bridging of Gender gaps existing at the DUCE through advocating and promoting various affirmative actions targeting staff and students.
- Promote and institutionalize gender networking within and beyond the College.